Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Lupus
    Participant

Pictures?

Chris
    Keymaster

No pics yet as it’s been too crazy over here to do the shoot.

In short though, the front mounts cannot be seen as most speakers will conceal them. Also, we made it so they can be top mounted or side mounted (like on a single monitor setup).

The rear is an angular piece that goes well with both cockpits and attaches to the harness pass on the seat. We also provide a way to hide your speaker cables that drop down the back of your seat.

All in all the whole setup is pretty trick and I’m pleased to say that it will work on both the oZone & the r3v!

Hoping to have some pics to soon as I’ll make the official announcement on our site & forums in the next week or two.

Best regards,
    Chrs

Ben
    Participant

Chris. Tomorrow is May. Can we have a peek at this?

crimsonidol
    Participant

Cant wait anymore, this is big stuff and the mounts have been developed for a long time and Chris really got into things to make this fit the Obutto design, cant wait to see the results 🙂

Chris
    Keymaster

Hey fellas, a year late but I hope it was worth it for all of you speaker users! I’m quite pleased with the result, especially it being a universal setup for both cockpits. Check out our announcement in the Obutto News on our site, but here is the list of features and the pics I promised….

compatible with oZone or r3v cockpits
    front speaker mounts are nearly invisible
    front speaker mounts can be configured for single or triple monitors
    max 32″ triple monitor setup
    max 27″ single monitor setup
    loads of adjustability
    rear speaker mount is attached with a wide hook & loop strap
    rear speaker mount/seat wire management provided
    wire management hook & loop straps provided for entire setup

Obutto Speaker Mounts

Seyumi
    Participant

Looks great. My only complaint is the 27″ maximum size for single monitors. I was planning on getting one of those new 28″ 4K monitors coming out and hopefully upgrade to a 32″ in the future but it looks like I can’t use the front mounts then. Anywhere to jerry-rig or do-it-yourself methods to accept a larger monitor size?

Chris
    Keymaster

Cheers man, and I’m quite sure you’ll be fine with a 28″ monitor as it’s just barely wider than a 27″. 32″ is impossible though, and sorry for that but each piece would be wayyy too long for the masses of folks that run 22-24″ monitors and they would be visible on the opposite end. Modding the speaker mount would be easy enough though as you would just need to get some 3mm steel bar or aluminium, cut it down to size & drill some holes to use it as a spacer.

Just curious, do you not have an interest in running triple monitors?

Seyumi
    Participant

I’m planning on going the 4k monitor route very soon. Three of them would obviously be way too taxing for even the most hardcore systems today with modern AAA games. Anywho I plan on buying these speaker mounts once they come available through your North American distributor. Thank you again for listening to your customers and making these.

Chris
    Keymaster

Heh, ya I reckon re those particular monitors, but if you game and/or use your cockpit for work, I’d strongly recommend a triple setup. Now I know monitor selection is very subjective, but if you’re keen, I’ve noticed over the past 5yrs that a triple setup increases productivity with work and crazily amplifies immersion in all games….well shooters, simracing & flight sims. Something about getting some peripheral vision input, but it truly makes you feel like you’re “in the game” instead of “viewing it”.

I first went triple with TripleHead2Go in the beginning but then AMD introduced their Eyefinity GPU’s which made everything much better, and then Nvidia joined the party so no matter your GPU preference it’s quite easy to enjoy the goodness of a 4-5ft view of your monitors, no matter the use.

Anyhow, just hoping to share some goodness Seyumi, and in the end just hope you & other Obutto owners get the most out of your cockpits, no matter the use!

All the best man, and if you need more details on modding the speaker mounts I’m always around 😉

Best regards,
    Chris

Stephen G
    Participant

Hey Chris any idea when we can expect these to be in stock at the europe/uk distributor?

Ben
    Participant

chris. i am so happy to see this and thanks for making it happened. now how do i buy this? how much will you be selling it?

JasonTech
    Participant

Wow, this looks fantastic. Definitely getting this. When will it be available for purchase?

Stephen G
    Participant

Michael from Main Performance PC has said he’s expecting them in july

Chris
    Keymaster

Cheers fellas, EU, Canada & US distributors have placed orders for new container shipments and they should depart in a week or two. Shipping time to US & Canada is less than a month, but it’s 35-40 days to EU. Hope this gives you an idea on when to expect them in your respective countries/regions 🙂

Rickard Allardh
    Participant

Price? Can’t find it on the website? Might want to order everything at the same time to keep the shipping cost down.

Edit. Found the price @ Main Performance PC.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hey Rickard, sorry as we have yet to add to our main site, which will be USD70. Our independent distributors will add it to their sites shortly but their prices can differ, just as a heads up. We just ask them to keep their prices reasonable.

Best regards,
    Chris

Rickard Allardh
    Participant

Sounds awesome! I’ve put togheter a “WANTING” list 😀

leebunker
    Participant

are these out yet I cant find them on the uk site at all ?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hey Lee, yes they are out and UK should be rec’g them in their recently rec’d shipment. Not sure why they don’t have them on their site yet but I’ve emailed our EU distributor so he can enquire about it from their dealer.

Participant

Hi Chris,

Do you have any measurements for the long bars on the speaker mount kit? I am talking about the bars that hold the two front speakers. I plan on using speakers that are 4.3 inch wide and have a mounting screw in the middle. That means I need the bar to extend about 2.15 inches beyond the border of my 27″ monitor.

Here’s a link to the speakers. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090601&p_id=10565&seq=1&format=2

Chris
    Keymaster

Hey man, the usable length is 42cm and that’s taking into account having your speakers bolted on all the way at the end of the slot. I run custom 27’s on my r3v in Beijing (actually typing this in it heh) and we used these monitors when working out lengths of the speaker mounts so you should be gravy 😉

BTW great find on those speakers….wickid price!!!!

Best regards,
    Chris

Participant

HI Chris,

Another question. What are the dimensions of the metal piece that holds up the speakers? The metal piece that you have pictured with 4 speaker attachment velcro’s attached to.

Thanks!

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.