Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Connect_Tracks::$plugin_file is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-services/classes/class-wc-connect-tracks.php on line 20

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Connect_Account_Settings::$payment_methods_store is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-services/classes/class-wc-connect-account-settings.php on line 19

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Connect_TaxJar_Integration::$cache_time is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-services/classes/class-wc-connect-taxjar-integration.php on line 48

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Connect_TaxJar_Integration::$error_cache_time is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-services/classes/class-wc-connect-taxjar-integration.php on line 51

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Connect_Loader::$tracks is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-services/woocommerce-services.php on line 359

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Connect_Loader::$label_reports is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-services/woocommerce-services.php on line 515

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Countries::$countries is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-countries.php on line 51

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property acf_field_oembed::$width is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/fields/class-acf-field-oembed.php on line 31

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property acf_field_oembed::$height is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/fields/class-acf-field-oembed.php on line 32

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property acf_field_google_map::$default_values is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/fields/class-acf-field-google-map.php on line 33

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property acf_field__group::$have_rows is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/fields/class-acf-field-group.php on line 31

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property acf_field_clone::$cloning is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/fields/class-acf-field-clone.php on line 34

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property acf_field_clone::$have_rows is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/fields/class-acf-field-clone.php on line 35

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$testmode is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 60

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$debug is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 61

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$email is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 62

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$receiver_email is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 63

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$identity_token is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 64

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_BACS::$instructions is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/bacs/class-wc-gateway-bacs.php on line 49

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_BACS::$account_details is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/bacs/class-wc-gateway-bacs.php on line 52

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Cheque::$instructions is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/cheque/class-wc-gateway-cheque.php on line 41

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_COD::$instructions is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/cod/class-wc-gateway-cod.php on line 40

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_COD::$enable_for_methods is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/cod/class-wc-gateway-cod.php on line 41

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_COD::$enable_for_virtual is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/cod/class-wc-gateway-cod.php on line 42

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$testmode is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 60

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$debug is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 61

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$email is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 62

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$receiver_email is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 63

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Gateway_Paypal::$identity_token is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/gateways/paypal/class-wc-gateway-paypal.php on line 64

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Cart::$coupon_discount_totals is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/legacy/class-wc-legacy-cart.php on line 266

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WC_Cart::$coupon_discount_tax_totals is deprecated in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/legacy/class-wc-legacy-cart.php on line 266
oZone modded for Star Citizen: Keyboard / CPU / Orbweaver / HOSAS / Pedals - Obutto <-- Bing UET Tag -->

Warning: Undefined variable $contentbg in /home3/obuttoco/public_html/wp-content/themes/mad/templates/page-content.php on line 10

oZone modded for Star Citizen: Keyboard / CPU / Orbweaver / HOSAS / Pedals

Home Forums Mods oZone modded for Star Citizen: Keyboard / CPU / Orbweaver / HOSAS / Pedals

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chris
    Keymaster

This will eventually be a full mod as I adapt the oZone to make it perfect for my purposes.

Since I have a small apartment, achieving a high WAF means I can’t have everything stacked about the room. The oZone has more than a foot of depth between the monitor and the very front of the rig so I started by adding two brackets to the front so that my computer case could sit up off the ground for increased cooling and to reduce the footprint of my gaming rig. I left it open underneath since the feet of my case (Cooler Master Storm Stryker) are the perfect width for me to bolt the case down through them, but if needed I can bolt a shelf across it and set any case there.

Brackets mounted

Bolted down the case.

The next thing I wanted to do was attach my Razer Orbweaver next to my Warthog throttle so that I could jump from flying to FPS. I saw @MHE’s 3D printed mod and thought that it would be a great high end solution, I could do a cheap and effective alternative. I took a 1’x1′ 16 ga steel plate and traced out the shape of my gamepad, and then had it bent with pre-stressed bends to make it super rigid. I have since moved from HOTAS to HOSAS (dual stick) but I still want the keypad there.

@abaddon and I apparently had the same idea on how to adapt the oZone for a game that requires a keyboard, mouse and joysticks or HOTAS all at the same time. Particularly when we’re moving into VR, putting the controls within easy reach and in a predictable location is huge. So today I finally finished my center keyboard mount. I’m going to add a covered storage box to it to hold my Rift, but it looks good so far.

I had a local welding shop add two supports sticking out from the uprights at a two degree upward angle since my monitor uprights leaned forward two degrees and as I want the top flat as a surface for game notes and coffee, I wanted the working surface totally level. These are supported by a small fillet on each side. On the top is a full width shelf with a 1/2″ lip in the back to prevent things from falling off the back, and in the front is a 3/4″ lip to prevent the keyboard from falling out of its track

I then located the holes for the keyboard track, drilled and countersunk the holes. I also added four holes (one in from each corner) so that I can attach a storage box I intend to make which will hold my Rift and Touch controllers. I then prepped and painted it a matte black to match the oZone.

@Chris
    I think this could be a great stock part for you guys. Instead of welding the whole assembly together, two sockets could be added to the monitor uprights and the shelf with it’s legs could slot in there and be tightened down like the rest of the Obutto accessories.

Painted but prior to assembly
    Deployed (prior to painting)
    Stowed (prior to painting)
    Stowed

I am in a month or so be removing the angled side posts that make up the footbox so that I can put a pair of Slaw RX Viper’s in there.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Obutto.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.